Overwhelmed? Stressed? Tired? Can’t think straight? Freaking out? 🙂
I worked in my classroom for most of the day-come to think of it, most of the night, too! 🙂 It’s looking better….I just still have so much that I need and want to do. My wants get ahead of my needs sometimes!
I did get the desks cleaned off today-and actually went through the stuff that was piled on them instead of just shoving it all into the cabinets-tell me you’ve never done that!
Although I have many, many, many things to accomplish before August 11th, here are the biggies:
1. Classroom library-I want to organize ALL of my books in my baskets with labels-I would also love to put them into librarything.com (we’ll see if that actually happens) 🙂
2. CAFE Conferring Notebook-GOT to get all of this organized, especially since this will be my 1st year implementing it
3. Lesson plan template-I’m “thinking” about revising my lesson plan template that I used last year to something that will actually GUIDE me in my teaching
4. Reading notebooks-I want to get all of this “stuff” organized
5. Writing notebooks-I want to get all of this “stuff” organized
6. Writing-I didn’t do a good job of teaching writing last year, so this is an area that I want to improve on which means a lot of reading, thinking, planning, etc.
OK-I can’t think of anything else right now and really need to go to bed.
What are the things that you are working on for your classroom????