I have joined up with the forces. The forces of New Year Resolutions that is. Check out this fabulous linky party hosted by The Teacher’s Treasure to see what kind of resolutions everyone has made for what is going to be the greatest year ever-2012!!!!!!
MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
1. Run a 5k-Yes, this “seems” impossible since I have gained sooooo much weight over the last however many years. But, I am DETERMINED!! Especially since my husband thinks I can’t because I’m 41 and my knees creak! I’ll just show him!
2. Stay on top of menu planning and grocery shopping– This is something that I seriously need to do! We live in the country about 8 miles from the nearest grocery store, and that’s not even a big chain store! 22 miles from a Walmart!!! My goal is to plan out my menus on a weekly basis and make a weekly grocery trip INSTEAD of spotty planning and shopping!
3. Commit to several reading challenges– I am joining lots of reading challenges this year and want to get organized about them so that I don’t lose my mind! Organization is the key! Has anyone found mine because I seem to lose it a lot! 🙂
1. Stay organized– This will include LOTS of different things: entering ALL of my classroom library books on a website, grading papers on a regular basis, filing stuff RIGHT after I use it!, plan ahead, and everything else. I want to have more time in my personal life and being organized in my teaching “should” allow me to do that!
2. Join some professional organizations– I want to join NCTE, ARA, IRA, and who knows what else!!!!
Of course, I can think of LOTS more things that I want to do, but I don’t want to bore you to tears so I’ll leave it at that!!!
What are your New Year Resolutions???