Last week was such a great week. And I bragged about it. BIG mistake. Today was……
Let’s just put it this way. When the bell rang at the end of today all I could think about was-tomorrow’s another chance to get it right. 🙂
Here’s the way it went down:
Came in this morning prepared and ready for the week. Good mood. Then-
1. One student wouldn’t talk to their partner. Good grief people. All you want to do is talk!
2. 9 out of 18 in ONE class didn’t have supplies. Scissors and glue. No, I don’t teach kindergarten. Well, maybe… 🙂 This is the deal. Supply list at the beginning of school said to have certain things. There’s a REASON why. To be able to DO things in my history class! We put things in our history notebooks A LOT. Hard to do with just FINGERS!
3. 7 out of 17 in the next class. Guilty as charged with above said crime.
4. After lunch I told them to walk 2 laps around the track with a partner and think of an alliteration sentence. I mean it WAS 80 degrees today. I’m a nice teacher. I did NOT tell 5 boys to play basketball. Sigh.
5. In 6th grade we needed to finish up a stock market simulation game before we head into the great depression tomorrow. Yep, the great depression started today for me… 🙂 How many of you out there already know that 6th graders don’t understand how to subtract debt from the amount of money you have to spend? AFTER 3 lessons on it on Friday AND a review of it today before we started the game today. You can bet your bottom dollar LOL! that I will remember this next year if and when I teach math! Our math teachers are great so why?????
6. Last class of the day. Thought I was almost finished with this lackluster day. NOPE. 6th grade girl gave me attitude. Attitude I tell you.
7. Among all of this today was another day of interruption after interruption after…..
Oh, did I mention that this Friday I have been selected to go to a training and yet I cannot find a sub. What? I will be googling how to split my body in half before Friday!!!!
OK. Enough of my ranting. Today was stressful. Forgot about the fact that my track team is supposed to go to the Athletic Banquet at the end of this month. Need to get bus driver for next week’s track meet. Had another PTO meeting for our upcoming picnic that we have been working on since I’m an officer. Got to figure out how to get my classes covered to visit another school toward end of this month. OMG.
Ooops-I said enough of my ranting.
Mama said there’d be days like this. How many, Mama?