I’m linking up over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five For Friday linky!!
1. I’m an official graduate of the JSU National Writing Project!! YAY! This was the most empowering and invigorating PD experience EVER! 🙂 I’ve written up a blog post about ALL 16 days if you want to browse around on my blog for some great ideas AND some AWESOME apps/websites!
2. I am writing for the first time ever with Teachers Write 2013.
Check this out on the fabulous Kate Messner’s site if you’re interested!
3. I very rarely get a picture of my husband so I need to post this one as EVIDENCE that he does exist! LOL! This was after I ran my 1st half marathon back in February at Disney World-The Princess Half. It almost killed me. 🙂
4. And since I LIKE to punish myself……I’m running another one in August in Chicago!!
The Zooma Women’s Half Marathong. Lots of prayers would be great. 🙂
5. And since I’m in a hurry to go camping and canoeing with my family and friends this weekend, and of course I still have errands to run and things to do, I’ll end this post with one of my favorite quotes ever:
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”
Have an awesomely happy funlicious weekend. 🙂
It’s time to link up over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly linky-FIVE FOR FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!
1. This week has been BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The National Writing Project started Monday. You can read about DAY 1 or DAY 2. I’m trying to write a post about each day because there’s SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much I’m learning or trying to stuff in my brain. I need to organize it all and pick a few things I want to implement. I’m mainly talking about techie things. 🙂
2. I’m a country girl so you would think I wouldn’t get excited over seeing animals when I’m driving but…… I still do. 🙂 Here’s my new friend. He was crossing as I was driving to the NWP.
My youngest stepson carrying “his” calf to the truck. It runs in the family. I guess through water, not blood. LOL!
4. I co-hosted my 1st twitter chat last night with a teacher from Arizona!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was an incredible experience. We chatted about the book Notice and Note-Close Reading by Kylene Beers and Bob Probst.
Kylene and Bob joined us for the chat! This book is very practical and just makes sense. It’s a GREAT read if you’re wondering about close reading and strategies/lessons for helping students GET IT!!!
5. I’m a Kermit fan. In case you were wondering. 🙂 Isn’t he handsome???
I’m linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the 1st time ever for her Five for Friday linky party.
1. Learning computer technical thingies. Alas, I bought some graphics from teachers pay teachers and was going to put these cute little sticky notes with numbers in this post but……. it’s late, I’m tired, and I can’t figure out how to make the number BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now you know what part of my “to do” list includes for this summer! 🙂
2. I am taking part of the Runner’s World Running Streak that goes from Memorial Day to the 4th of July. Hopefully this will get me back in the
swing run of things! I’ve logged 5 miles so far since Monday! You can follow me on twitter-@shannonclark7. #RWRunStreak
3. I raked hay this morning for my husband and have to say that I did a pretty darn good job of it!! 🙂 Note to self: take headache medicine before taking this one because your neck becomes that of an owl swiveling and swiveling and swiveling and…..
4. I have been reading up a storm as I’m doing the #bookaday challenge that Donalyn hosts each summer. The plan is really just to read as much as you can and tweet your reading/books using the #bookaday challenge. I.LOVE.TO.READ. 🙂 I just finished Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen today, a middle grade novel that was superb!!
I keep up with my books on Goodreads so check out what I’ve read lately-maybe you’ll find a good book or two!
5. For those of you who teach and like to read about teaching and talk about teaching (that would be ME!), a fellow tweep and I are hosting a book chat on the book Notice and Note-Close Reading by Kylene Beers and Bob Probst. The twitter chat will be June 6, 13, and 20 at 8pm CST. Hashtag is #NNNchat. Join in for the fun! We have also created a facebook group so that we can continue the discussion and for those who can’t be part of the twitter party. 🙂 Here’s the link to it:
Notice and Note-Close Reading Facebook Group
So there you have it-my 1st Five for Friday post. That was fun. 🙂