Look what came in the mail!! 🙂
There will be a twitter chat tomorrow-Monday, November 11- about this book!
The hashtag is #FILWCloseReading
And the authors will be joining us!! 🙂
Home » Twitter
I have taken the plunge and created a class twitter account for my 6th grade classroom! At this point I just want to use it as a tool to reflect on our learning from the day. I think twitter may be blocked at my school, so I will have to check on that. Maybe we can work around it because I think this would be a very engaging AND quick way to review our day.
Our class twitter handle is @shannonclark6th if you want to connect with us in the future!
Do you have a class twitter account????
I’m linking up with Andrea over at Reading Toward the Stars for her Book Talk Thursday!
We had our 2nd twitter chat about Notice & Note-Close Reading by Kylene Beers and Bob Probst tonight. It was fantastic.
Here are the questions that were discussed:
1) What’s your favorite way to connect kids to books?
2) Do you teach novels/chapter books mostly whole class? Lit circles? Readers workshop?
3) What’s the most important thing we can do to help kids become avid lifetime readers?
4) Do you think focusing on the ELA CCSS will help kids become avid lifetime readers?
5) In Part II of N&N, K&B introduce 6 signposts which help kids read closely. How do you define close reading?
6) What’s the most important thing you can do to encourage close reading?
7) The CCSS seems to suggest we haven’t been teaching kids to read closely. What do you think?
8) The signposts in N&N push kids deeper into a text. What’s your reaction to these signposts?
9) How have you taught these signposts to kids & how have kids reacted?
10) What are your Qs to Bob & Kylene about this section of the book?
Lots of good talk was happening! If you want to read the archived information you can go HERE.
You can join our facebook group page for some good conversation as well HERE.
AND you can join us in our 3rd (and last) twitter chat about this FABULOUS book next Thursday, June 20th at 8pm CST. Use the #NNNchat hashtag.
And guess what’s in the works????? Yep. Notice and Note-Close Reading for Expository Texts!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeee!!! 🙂
1 down and 2 to go! Our 1st ever twitter chat was tonight on Notice and Note-Close Reading by Kylene Beers and Bob Probst. It was an hour long conversation with MANY educators contributing their thoughts on this idea of noticing what we read and making note of it!
We were even TRENDING on twitter and that is a BIG DEAL. To me. 🙂
Look on the left side of my twitter page. Yep, we were #2 on trending!
Here’s the archive of tonight’s chat if you want to check it out.
TWUBS No, you don’t have a speech impediment when you say it. It’s really pronounced like that. 🙂
If you haven’t bought this book yet stop what you are doing. I mean like right now. And go to Heinemann and BUY THIS BOOK!! 🙂
It’s one of the most practical PD books I’ve read in a long time. I’ve coined the term-It just makes sense. 🙂
Join us for our next 2 chats on this book June 13th and June 20th at 8pm CST. We will be discussing Part 2 and Part 3 of the book.
You can also join our facebook group- Facebook Notice and Note Group
Everybody loves a good book party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to catch up on my blogging!! Posting and reading other blogs. It seems I have gotten lost in space. That is twitter space!! So much professional development to be had. Instantly.
I’ve made great connections and gotten wonderful suggestions!!
You can follow me at @shannonclark7 . 🙂